Full Stack PHP Developer
Full time • Remote in UK or Greece
Working for Krotos
Krotos designs and distributes audio software sound effects libraries which are used by top film, television, and game sound professionals worldwide. Our mission is to change the way people design and perform sound. We massively speed up and revolutionise our customers’ workflows so they can make their projects sound awesome!
About the Role
We are looking for a skilled and experienced Full Stack PHP Developer to produce scalable software solutions. You’ll be part of a cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment. Your instinct is to work autonomously and iteratively to solve problems. Your experience will enable you to influence the team and product direction, present great ideas, and design plans and deliver on these in line with our business objectives.
- Own and maintain the full web stack
- Bring experience and expertise in both frontend and backend development
- Maintain high performance and website availability
- Build upon our WordPress/WooCommerce-powered backend
- Expand and maintain our custom WordPress plugins and themes
- Collaborate with the design team to implement new features and designs
- Troubleshoot issues and bugs in the existing codebase
- Create and manage databases and API integrations
- Learn and expand our emerging Django, React, and Svelte solutions
- Write technical documentation
- Work with the audio engineering department to improve software
- Stay up-to-date with the latest web development trends and technologies
- Work with Agile methodology, including sprint planning, daily stand-ups, and retrospectives
Skills and Experience
- Strong knowledge of PHP, WordPress and WooCommerce
- Experience with at least one PHP MVC framework e.g. Laravel, Symfony
- Experience with MySQL
- Use of the Composer package manager
- WordPress custom plugin development
- Write effective and RESTful APIs
- Proficiency with Git
- Appreciation for clean and well-documented code
- Experience working as part of an Agile or Scrum team
- Familiarity with preprocessors and bundlers such as Webpack
- Experience with Python
- Understanding of continuous delivery process and technologies e.g. Docker, Jenkins
- Experience with a Test driven approach, unit testing
- Familiarity with Elasticsearch
- Interest in sound and audio production
- Remote working with flexible start and finish times.
- 30 days paid holidays. You can take public holidays or bank and use them as you choose.
- High-spec laptop and home-office essentials.
- Quarterly team and annual company in-person events.
- Sick pay.
- Remote work is supported but applicants are required to be based in and have the right to work in either the UK or Greece.
Read More & Apply: https://www.krotosaudio.com/p/careers-php-developer/